MENU
CLOSE
MENU
HOME | ADMISSIONS | International Admissions

International Admissions

Click on a tab below to reveal more information:

The International Admissions Process

Surbiton High School prides itself on offering academic excellence, combined with a comprehensive all-round education. Surbiton High School selects prospective pupils based on a young person’s skills and abilities; the School has to be satisfied that prospective pupils can benefit from a Surbiton High School education.

If you are a non-UK resident and would like your children to study at Surbiton High School, the application process is as follows:

• To initially express interest in Surbiton High School you should make contact with the International Admissions Registrar, Mrs Sue Morris via email on admissions@surbitonhigh.com or (+0044) 208 439 1309
  • Mrs Morris will send you an application form, and will be happy to answer any queries you may have about Surbiton High School. We will also confirm whether there is an available space for your child, in the school and in our homestay scheme
  • If you wish to apply for a place at Surbiton High School, the application form must be submitted to the Admissions Officer along with:
  • Evidence of current level of spoken and written English, if English is not your first language. Contact the Admissions Office for further advice
  • A reference from the child’s current school
  • The child’s latest school report
  • Details of the examinations already complete (iGCSE and GCSE) or to be completed
  • Transcripts from agents
  • An initial decision will be reached, based on the above evidence, by the Principal, the Director of Sixth Form and the admissions team based on the above evidence
  • At this point we will ask you to sit either Surbiton High School entrance examinations or the UKiset assessment
  • All applicants are interviewed, either by Surbiton High School in country or via Skype
  • If successful, an offer letter offering the child a place will be sent from the Admissions Office. This can be used to help the visa process if the child is from outside the EEA. The registration fee and deposit are paid at this point
  • The Registration Fee and Acceptance Deposit for international candidates are £150 and one term’s fees respectively. The deposit will be returned after your two years of study at Surbiton High School

Please note the school does ask for a Term’s Fees in advance in the first year of study, around the middle of June.

Further Information

Your chance to be part of a caring, exciting, dynamic and academic community here in Surbiton

International pupils are welcomed in our community and do much to enrich it. Each brings something individual to the School; all serve to open our eyes and minds to the wider world, increasing our knowledge and respect for other cultures.

We have, I believe, a fully integrated community with academic and Co-curricular opportunities which prepare the individual to follow the path they choose when they leave us, while also establishing a lifelong connection with friends they have made.

Ann Haydon,

Principal

International Application Form

To download a copy of the international application form, please click here.

Entry testing and UKiset

Some international pupils are required to apply via UKiset – the UK independent schools’ entry test. Most applicants will have to undertake Surbiton High School set tests and exams, based on the subjects that are to be studied at A-level.

Please visit the website for full details www.ukiset.com

On receipt of your UKiset test results we will be in touch with you or your representative accordingly.

Please visit the website www.ukiset.com to register for the test, which can be taken at approved test centres around the world. Or click on the link: Register for UKiset

If you have already taken UKiset please complete the ‘School Selection Form’ on the UKiset website and we will respond accordingly when we receive your UKiset Profile Package. Or click on the link: School Selection

Tier 4 Student Visas

As a Tier 4 Sponsor we are happy to provide a Confirmation of Acceptance to Study to enable Tier 4 entry to the UK - once a place has been accepted at the school.

Homestay

As a day-school we use the services of home-stay parents to lodge our international pupils; and we have a number of well-established and experienced homestay parents. All our homestay parents have been appropriately interviewed and checked. The welfare, happiness, safety and security of our international pupils is absolutely paramount.

Gabbitas Education, London run and manage our homsetay scheme. They also act as guardians for our international pupils. (www.gabbitas.co.uk).

Guardianship

Guardianship is provided by Gabbitas Education. Pupils can nominate other guardians, as necessary, but should confirm details with the school (and Gabbitas) well before arrival in the UK.

International Induction Programme

Offers advice:

• Related to social and practical issues
  • Related to their homestay and academic matters.
  • EFL tuition

Fees

International Fees with Homestay Family are:

• School fees £21,900
  • Host Family fees £8,000

International Fees with Boarding accommodation are:

• School fees £21,900
  • Boarding fees £5,595 (3 x £1,865)

Please note: Queries about international tuition fees should be addressed to Mrs Sue Morris, International Registrar, Surbiton High School, sue.morris@surbitonhigh.com). Queries about the Gabbitas fee to Debbie Cowley, Director of Guardianship, Gabbitas (debbie.cowley@gabbitas.co.uk).

Download our Welcome Booklet

Please download a copy of the Surbiton High School ‘Welcome Booklet’ here.

Chinese Translation

Download a Chinese Traditional Translation of the ‘Welcome Booklet’ here.

Welcome to Surbiton High School Booklet - English Version

Welcome to Surbiton High School Booklet - Chinese Version

Welcome to Surbiton High School Video - English Version

Welcome to Surbiton High School Video - Chinese Version

back to top

International Admissions

The International Admissions Process

• The child’s latest school report
  • Transcripts from agents

Further Information

Ann Haydon,

Principal

International Application Form

Entry testing and UKiset

Tier 4 Student Visas

Homestay

Guardianship

International Induction Programme

Offers advice:

• EFL tuition

Fees

• School fees £21,900
  • Host Family fees £8,000

• School fees £21,900
  • Boarding fees £5,595 (3 x £1,865)

Download our Welcome Booklet

Chinese Translation

back to top