MENU
CLOSE
MENU
HOME | SENIOR SCHOOL | BEYOND THE A* | Trips and Visits

Trips and Visits

At Surbiton High School, we are committed to providing an outstanding all round education. Life beyond the classroom is an essential part of what we offer. We believe that trips and visits broaden horizons and instil a sense of adventure, leadership, teamwork and decision making, complementing what goes on in the classroom. Please click on a tab below to find out more information about the Residential Tours and Trips.

Please note that the costs shown are approximate for all trips at the time of printing. In addition to the residential trips listed, please look out for a host of other day trips which will support both curricular and Co-curricular learning, such as visits to theatres, museums, field-studies, enterprise or engineering projects, sporting fixtures, galleries, lectures and other places of historical, cultural and scientific interest.

Year 7 Frontier Centre Trip

We would like to offer Year 7 students an exciting opportunity to get to know the rest of their year group and at the same time develop their own personal skills. We feel that this will increase their self-confidence and help them to thrive at Surbiton High School.

The visit will take place at the Frontier Centre at Irthingborough, Northamptonshire. This Adventure Centre is run by Rock UK and is highly recommended by United Learning. We have run this trip with Year 7 for the past few years and the girls have found it a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

The girls will have the opportunity to enjoy many activities, including climbing, raft building and various interactive games. They will be divided into small groups and supervised by a trained member at the centre and our own staff.

The dates for this visit are Monday 26 September to Wednesday 28 September for half the Year Group (7A, 7F, 7N, 7P) and Wednesday 28 September to Friday 30 September for the other half of the Year Group (7C, 7R, 7T). We will travel to and from the Centre by coach. The maximum cost of this visit is £200; subject to your agreement, the amount will be added to your account for the term. You will be sent more information and a Residential Visit Permission Form at the beginning of the Autumn Term.

Nepal Trip, Summer 2017

Draped along the spine of the Himalaya, Nepal is a land of sublime scenery, time-worn temples, and some of the best hiking trails on earth.

This is an incredible opportunity for girls to take part in our 2017 expedition, where they will start the trip by seeing sights such as Kathmandu and Monkey Temple. They will explore local villages and join a safari trip, take part in a project such as working with street children, before experiencing a challenging but rewarding trek - culminating in outstanding views of the great Annapurnas.

Singapore and Malaysia Senior Sports Tour 2016

A chance for our netball and hockey players in Years 11 to 13 to experience the delights of Singapore and Malaysia whilst playing their sports to the highest level.

The approximate cost of this trip is £2,500.

Year 7 Chateau de la Baudonniere, June-July 2017

French language immersion (to encourage confident speaking of French) and cultural appreciation.

The approximate cost of this trip is £480.

Year 8 French Exchange to Fontainebleau, March and June 2017

A wonderful cultural and linguistic opportunity to stay in a beautiful town, via our long established exchange link with Le Collège International in Fontainebleau. The French children come to Surbiton High School in March 2017 and we go to Fontainebleau in June 2017.

The approximate cost of this trip is £200.

Year 9 Ypres and Somme Trip, June 2017

To enrich Great War studies in English and History.

The approximate cost of this trip is £300.

Year 10 Iceland Trip, February 2017

An opportunity for the girls to experience the environment of Iceland and many activities.

The approximate cost of this trip is £1,370.

Year 10 DofE Bronze Awards Trips, April and June 2017

Practice and Assessed expeditions to achieve the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award.

The total cost of this trip is £150.

Year 10 Granada Trip, July 2017

Trip to Spain to broaden cultural and linguistic knowledge of the country.

The approximate cost of this trip is £850.

Year 11 DofE Silver Award Trips, March and June 2017

Practice and Assessed expeditions to achieve the Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award.

The total cost of this trip is £200.

Year 11 German Trip to the Rhineland, October 2016

Year 11 cultural trip to contextualise German language learning.

Year 12 Geography Field Trip, April 2017

This is a field trip for the Year 12 Geographers and will cover two main issues (coasts and rebranding) that will be part of their exams in the Summer Term.

The approximate cost of this trip is £350.

Year 12 DofE Gold Award Trips, April and July 2017

Practice and Assessed expeditions to achieve the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.

The total cost of this trip is £250.

Year 12 Oxford / Cambridge Trip, June 2017

To prepare candidates for applying to Oxbridge in the Autumn of Year 13.

The approximate cost of this trip is £80.

Years 12 and 13 Greece Trip, October 2016

This is an exciting new trip which will explore the artistic origins of Classical Greece.

The approximate cost of this trip is £1,000.

Years 12 and 13 A-level Art and Photography Trip to New York

Visit and explore the epicentre of the modern art world.

The approximate cost of this trip is £1,400.

back to top

Trips and Visits

Year 7 Frontier Centre Trip

Nepal Trip, Summer 2017

Year 9 Ypres and Somme Trip, June 2017

Year 10 Iceland Trip, February 2017

The total cost of this trip is £150.

Year 10 Granada Trip, July 2017

The total cost of this trip is £200.

The total cost of this trip is £250.

back to top