MENU
CLOSE
MENU
Main Image
MENU
CLOSE
"I wanted to teach in a school that was forward thinking and creative in its approach."
MENU
HOME | SENIOR SCHOOL | THE ARTS | Creative Writing

Creative Writing

Creative Writing brings together two defined talents: the creative instinct for original ideas and the art of fine writing. One is born from the imagination; the other is a technical skill to be learnt and mastered.

Fine writing and its ability to concisely communicate with precise clarity is as valuable to a lawyer, politician or advertising executive as it is to a journalist or playwright. Writing is at the heart of so much of what we do.

Creative Writing lives in a wealth of exciting opportunities at the School, in co-curricular clubs, and inspiring inter-departmental collaborations. There is also an abundance of competitions, where Surbiton girls are enjoying national and international success.

In 2013, for the first time, the School appointed seven Student Laureates from across the School to a one-year mentorship with our Writer in Residence, during which they will represent their own ideas as well as representing the School and its student body.

As Surbiton’s progressive vision for creative development strengthens, we are delighted to introduce the innovative new Creative Writing A-level, that is eagerly anticipated by universities across the country.

Creative Writing is the product of acquired skills as well as inspiration.

back to top
shrink image
view full image

Creative Writing

back to top