MENU
CLOSE
MENU
Main Image
MENU
CLOSE
"We provide an intellectually rigorous and challenging academic environment and are a school with a real heart and soul."
MENU
HOME | ABOUT US | Aims and Ethos

Aims and Ethos

Aims and Ethos

Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower young people to be the very best they can be.

Our school motto “May love always lead us” encourages respect for, kindness towards and service to others.

Surbiton High School is a friendly and vibrant community where individuals thrive and are happy, secure, confident and valued. Our approach combines an intellectually rigorous and challenging academic environment with outstanding pastoral care and support.

We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look to offer a breadth of opportunity which allows every pupil to flourish.

Our pupils have a special kind of confidence and this confidence is infectious. Surbiton High School is a school “brimming with energy and joie de vivre.” (ISI Inspection Report)

We create this ethos and achieve these aims by:

•    Providing a broad, balanced, challenging and enriching educational experience for all pupils

•    Nurturing the growth of intellectual curiosity, creativity and independent learning

•    Creating opportunities for leadership and challenge

•    Fostering a lifelong love of learning

•    Ensuring relationships are based on mutual respect

•    Encouraging hard work and commitment

•    Offering a wide range of co-curricular activities and enrichment programmes

•    Working in partnership with parents; encouraging them to be actively involved in their child's education

•    Empowering pupils to make decisions about their subsequent education and their future lives

•    Celebrating success and achievement

Surbiton High School is part of United Learning/United Church Schools Trust. The School has an Anglican foundation, which, while valuing and building on its Christian heritage, welcomes staff and pupils from all faiths and none. We share with other United Learning Schools a commitment to a set of core characteristics which can be found on the United Learning website: www.unitedlearning.org.uk

This statement of the School’s aims and ethos applies to the whole School including boarders and those in our EYFS setting.

back to top
shrink image
view full image
HOME | ABOUT US | Aims and Ethos

Aims and Ethos

Aims and Ethos

back to top