MENU
CLOSE
MENU
HOME | SENIOR SCHOOL | SPORT | Vision of Sport

Vision of Sport

Surbiton High School’s Super Six Sports are:

• Netball
  • Hockey
  • Gymnastics
  • Rowing
  • Tennis 
  • Skiing  

In these areas we achieve borough, regional and national success.  Our students need to have as much exposure to these sports as possible through curriculum and Co-curricular activities.

During the first Games lesson in Year 7, girls are assessed and set according to their sporting prowess whether this is as a games player, an artistic performer or an all-rounder. They then follow a programme of study best suited to meeting their needs, developing their skills and gaining new experiences. During their time in Year 8 and 9, girls continue to follow the programme of study with some movement between sets dependent on their level of progress and achievement.

In Year 10 and 11 the girls have the opportunity to choose a PE Pathway suited to their preferences and strengths. Here they are offered 3 pathways; competitive, artistic or fit for life. Each pathway offers a variety of sports and activities which we hope will inspire and encourage the girls so they are empowered to continue beyond their educational years here at Surbiton.

In the Sixth Form girls follow a carousel of 8 different activities over the 2 years. This is a wider sporting curriculum which allows the girls to experience different activities not necessarily taught during KS3 and 4.

We want our programme to fit every student and as the girls progress through the school, we want them to be the best they can be. ‘The best’ will be a very different experience for each student, which is why we strive for a ‘sport for all’ ethos coupled with the pursuit of excellence.

back to top

Vision of Sport

• Netball
  • Hockey
  • Gymnastics
  • Rowing
  • Tennis 
  • Skiing  

back to top